- This fuel lab technician job is part of an expanding team supporting the operations the Pueblo, CO area plant location. The position will support fuel blending, sampling, and testing.
- Client provides energy procurement advisory services, supply fulfillment, and transaction and payment management solutions to commercial and industrial customers, principally in the aviation, marine and land transportation industries.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Operates plant equipment to blend fuel
- Works with plant personnel to remedy problems
- Collects fuels samples according to established procedure
- Operates lab instruments to test fuel properties
- Enters test results into the sample log
- Ensure all operations are carried out in a timely and safe manner with special attention to Health & Safety, Quality, and Environmental policies.
*Prior technician experience is a plus with a strong Chemistry and Math background*
- A college level background in chemistry or related field of laboratory science is desirable.
Work Experience Required
- Some work experience in a laboratory and a chemical industry is a plus but we will train an otherwise qualified person.
Background and Skills
- Knowledge of chemistry and laboratory operations
- Ability to use MS Excel proficiently
- Ability to work in a technical, detail-oriented environment
- Ability to keep accurate and timely records
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability and experience in following written test procedures
- Willing to work within a shift pattern and to be flexible on working hours
- Must pass drug screen and background check
- Fortune 100 conpany
- Long term project