General Position Summary/Purposes:
We are seeking a self-motivated Scientist I with strong background in cell biology and assay development to join the highly collaborative pre-clinical Pharmacology team and conduct PD and efficacy studies in oncology and immuno‐oncology fields. The candidate will work closely with pharmacology scientists on early and late‐stage lead optimization of novel compounds and conduct ex vivo flow cytometry, MSD and other PD assays to support mouse efficacy studies.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Mouse sample collection, preparation and ex vivo multi-color FACS analysis to understand MOA of muse efficacy studies
- Cell culture and PD assays including but not limited to: ELISA, MSD, and Luminex.
- Organize and analyze data, maintain records, communicate results and maintain laboratory in functional order.
- Communicates effectively with line manager and group members as well as other research staff.
- Hands-on experience with ELISA/MSD/luminex and other Bioassays is required
- Strong hand-on experience on mammalian cell culture
- Experience in multi-color flow cytometry is required
- Hand-on experience working with mice and tumor models is a plus
- The ideal candidate should be proficient in a wide range of in vitro assays and willing to adopt new skills as needed.
- Competency with software programs, including MS Excel, Powerpoint, Word, GraphPad Prism, BD Diva, FlowJo etc.
- Must possess good organization skills and attention to detail.
- BS/MS in Cell Biology, Immunology, Pharmacology or related discipline, with 5+ (BS) or 2+ (MS) years of relevant research experience
- Preferred experience working with mouse tumor models
- Preferred experience in Oncology/Immunology/Pharmacology fields
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.