Laboratory Retention Technician
Elk River, MN
Hours: Monday thru Friday 7am-3:30 with the occasional Saturday shift (hours vary on Saturday)
Duration: 1 year
Miscellaneous Position Notes:
- Leather shoes are required for laboratory work. It is the contractor’s responsibility to have adequate footwear prior to work start date.
- Contact lenses are not allowed in the laboratory.
Responsible for the daily management of laboratory sample and document retention systems. Will also support the processing teams in sample preparation for both chemical and physical analyses.
- Daily retention management of laboratory samples. Tasks include but are not limited to: storing, disposing and relocating samples to maintain an accurate 2 month retention length.
- Support processing teams with sample preparation.
- Tasks include but are not limited to: grinding, scanning by NIR, labeling, weighing, and data entry
- Incorporates ability to troubleshoot and solve problems and meet deadlines without significant supervising
- Supports the data quality program by evaluating results according to specified standards
- Readily understands training for new analytical techniques and ability to apply training to role
- Demonstrates awareness of team goals and objectives
- Promotes a safe work environment through proactive safety coaching and demonstrates trend toward becoming a safety champion
- Ability to effectively understand and communicate about basic analysis
- Moderate computer skill
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail and set daily priorities
- At least two years of relevant experience (Preferred)
- High school education or equivalent
- Four year college degree in a science focused discipline (Preferred)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178