2021 Summer Internship - UPS I.T.
Data Science - PhD or Master's
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
Are you a student looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS, a leader in Information Technology, is currently seeking college students to join our team. If you are a highly motivated college student working on a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, Human Resources, Finance or a related degree, then UPS is a great place for you to start your career.
Positions are available in the following areas:
Positions are available requiring one or more of the following skills:
- Working knowledge of machine learning algorithms (XGBoost, LightGBM, Decision Trees, Neural Network) and applying them to business scenarios
- Experience in Computer Vision and Deep Learning is a plus
- Experience working with large data sets and "big data" terminology/ best practices
- Experience working in a Cloud environment such as Azure, AWS, or Google
- Experience working in Python, Jupyter, R, and another Statistical tool
- Experience reading and writing best structured and unstructured data using python, Scala, SQL, and/or R
- Ability to create data models
- Ability to work as part of a scrum team
- Effective communication with various groups
These positions offer a competitive salary with one of the most respected I.T. employers in its industry.
Must be able to work 40 hours per week during the summer months (Monday through Friday, May through August).
EDUCATION PhD or Master's:
The preferred 2021 Summer Intern will be a Ph.D or Master's candidate. Other students will be considered who are enrolled in or graduated from (within the last 24 months) a degreed college/university program with a major in Statistics, Computer Science or related discipline.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law