Site Services Coordinator- Food Laboratory
Times Square- New York, NY 10001
Must have: HACCP, GLP, QA, equipment calibration, audit experience & creating SOP’s.
Industry preference: food, flavor, nutrition, beverage and fragrance
As the Site Services Coordinator- Food Laboratory, you will be responsible for the organization and management of the clients New Product Development working space. You’ll take ownership of the lab area and keep things organized, fully stocked and maintained. You will help support the NPD Team with shelf life studies and product testing.
- Organize and maintain the NPD working space
- Maintain ingredient inventory in lab for current and future innovation, including lot tracking and traceability.
- Maintain NPD equipment and analytical equipment per Good Laboratory Practices, including being the main point of contact for annual maintenance and any corrective issues if they arise.
- Support NPD team with prototyping and formulation in NPD lab with direction from NPD team members
- Support shelf life studies – real time and accelerated, including record keeping, documentation, and recommendations from the data.
- Perform analytical tests of bench samples, retain samples and accelerated shelf-life samples
- Manage internal group sensory evaluations and maintain Sensory Evaluation log
- Request new/current ingredient documentation for new ingredients
- Stay on top of trends and organize data from current competitive set
- Organize line reviews of products and competitive set reviews as needed
What you can contribute:
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for organization and cleanliness
- Excellent attention to detail and documentation abilities
- Curious with a constant desire to learn
- A collaborator and team builder with a positive attitude
- A BS degree or AS degree in science field or culinary
- 0-1 years of relevant concept to launch experience in a Corporate R&D setting
- Knowledge about Food Safety systems such as HACCP, GMPs, or ServSafe
- Excellent organization and ownership abilities
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to build strong trusted working relationships and rapport at all levels (including new or in-network contract manufacturers) & demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- The ability to perform physical job requirements: Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items
- The capability to continuously stand or walk and regularly lift/handle/carry materials or packages of moderate weight (8-50 pounds)
What the client offers
- Competitive compensation, including equity.
- Flexible Paid Time Off. Choose what works best for you, including summer hours
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you & your family’s needs
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in office programs like Drs, Nutritionists, Mindfulness, Chair Massages & others
- Casual office dress code
- Monthly shipment of your favorite client products to share with your friends and loved ones. After all, we’re all brand ambassadors!
- Training & tuition reimbursement program, because continuing to learn matters and we support your development
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun work environment
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.