We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company – and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.
- Provide ongoing instruction of OSHA required safety disciplines to ensure employees have essential safety instructions before being placed in a hazardous job environment. Coordinate all other annual or recurring safety training requirements. Schedule training sessions to ensure all employees within the assigned area have current safety training as required by law and Company guidelines. Present training in a variety of multi-media forms. Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee training records.
- Conduct safety audits throughout the facility to identify and correct unsafe conditions and unsafe acts. Monitor employee behavior within the assigned area and recommends remedial safety instructions as necessary to reduce workplace injuries and to improve regulatory compliance.
- Participate in accident and incident investigations using photographs, employee interviews, and other relevant sources to determine root causes of an event. Write summaries and recommends corrective actions as necessary to prevent additional accidents. Perform follow-up on remediation as needed.
- Communicate on a regular basis with Corporate Safety department and other safety personnel to promote consistency in the application of safety policies and programs throughout the Company and share any safety related concerns.
- Review and update Job Safety Analysis documents to identify and avoid work-related hazards by outlining specific work procedures required to perform each job safely and effectively. Prepare department specific reports or maintain and update safety specific documents such as procedures manuals, material safety data sheets, etc.
- Prepare, generate and complete specific periodic reports and ad-hoc reports. Maintain and update safety specific documents such as procedures manuals, material safety data sheets, etc.
- Prepare a PPE Grid for all job classifications. Maintain database of all recordable incidents, near-misses, and relevant investigations. Track progress on action items generated from incident investigations, safety audits, and safety committee meetings. Schedule, monitor, and track action items resulting from Code Red and Blue Drills.
- Review safety statics in order to evaluate, detect and respond to trends and patterns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 2-4 years job specific work experience within the functional area.
- Must have completed safety training and/or certificates as required by regulatory agencies and/or Company guidelines.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal communication, and team facilitation skills to effectively interact with all levels of employees including management and internal and external customers.
- Ability to present information accurately and effectively to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate problem areas and implement effective solutions before problems occur.
- Excellent working knowledge of OSHA safety disciplines, other regulatory guidelines, Company specific safety policies and procedures, and common industrial safety practices.
- PC proficiency that includes Microsoft Office Suite and other department specific hardware, software, and equipment.
- Other: Working conditions range from average office or classroom environment to high-traffic production floor. Includes occasional to frequent exposure to minor hazards and safety requirements while performing routine job tasks.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.