***Strong Internal Candidate Identified***
Assists in the functioning of the LaboratorySupport Services.
Responsibilities:A listing of the key responsibilities:
- Assistsin directing the day-to-day activities of the laboratory, including dailyscheduling, teaching venipunctures technique, and assisting in the selecting,evaluating and training of new personnel.
- Implementscomputer back up procedures and assists with the supervisor’s duties in theirabsence.
- Identifiesproblems and assists in planning and implementing changes for continued improvementsin the quality of patient care.
- Processesspecial billing procedures and oversees the accounts payables.
- Performsa variety of laboratory tests in the area of work, including organizing workassignments to ensure timely completion following established laboratoryprocedures, operating common laboratory equipment to identify, prepare, andprocess samples in testing area, assumes responsibility for the quality ofspecimen preparation, etc.
- Providessupport to, oversees, and participates in Laboratory Aide functions.
- Providessupport to the Hemophilia Quality Assurance Team.
- Providesformal training sessions of Laboratory Aide departmental policies andprocedures to new employees, UNH students and pathology residents.
- Performsother duties as required or assigned.
- High school graduate with 1 yearclinical laboratory experience required.
- Excellent communication andinterpersonal skills required.