We are currently looking for Systems Administrators or Systems Lab Technicians for long term contract roles in San Deigo, CA. These candidates will be supporting one of our federal integrators and will need the following background
* Execute approved Test Plans and Test Procedures for hardware and software with government oversight.
* Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test plan.
* Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
* Map testable requirements to test cases for 100% coverage
* Works with V&V Lead to ensure adequate time is available to test project requirements
* Work simultaneously on multiple projects and reliably deliver results on schedule.
* Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
* Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
* Setting up the servers and routers in the lab then testing. It is a mixed Unix/Windows environment, with web servers, application servers, and database servers). In order to do this testing effectively, they must have some entry level experience with IT
* Running tests (using test tools) on the servers in the lab enterprise environment to check to see how they are performing and for security vulnerabilities.
* Utilize the HP testing methodology; analyze testing requirements, develop testing scenarios. Execute the test cases that will demonstrate conformance to all functional and non-functional requirements and technical specifications
* Define and organize detailed information relating to testing requirements.
* Analyze the results of the testing process and recommends solutions
* Interact with the Network/Server Engineering team to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and conformance criteria.
* Supports knowledge management and collaboration through participation in testing discussion, communities and improving testing collateral through lessons learned
* When the test results show a problem, determine the source of the problem by doing some troubleshooting. Then make some recommendations on how to fix the problems.
All candidates must have an Active US Government Secret Clearance and be able to obtain a Security + Certification within 6 months of their hire date.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.