Kelly Services is seeking a Food Science Technologist for our client, a global chemical company, in Midland, MI. This position is a long term contract opportunity and can be extended indefinitely based on performance and business needs.
Standard Day Shift Hours - Monday thru Friday
MUST BE LOCAL TO MIDLAND, SAGINAW OR SURROUNDING AREA
The Food Science R&D Technologist will support the food application lab for the company’s Cellulosic products. The qualified individual will work closely and alongside other laboratory Technicians and Scientists in supporting a wide range of customers, new product development and the plant production.
The candidate will perform experimental designs in creating DOEs to support customer development projects. They will also work closely with Scientists to support new product developments and aid in product launches. In addition, they will be responsible for performing equivalency studies in order to qualify new assets or asset improvements. Many of these responsibilities involve creating food prototypes for internal evaluation and testing or for customer demos and trainings.
This position consists of using a variety of lab equipment, including: viscometer, rheometer, moisture analyzer, texture analyzer, pH meter, fryer, ovens, overhead and stand mixers, V-blender, water activity meter, fat analyzer, etc.
• BS degree in Food Science preferred or AS/BS in Life Sciences (Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry) required.
• 1-2 years’ experience working in a previous R&D Food Laboratory or 1-2 years’ experience from an academic Food Lab environment is preferred.
• Perform daily work independently; be highly productive and efficient.
• Be an effective, contributing member of the team.
• High regard for individual and group safety is expected.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; document daily work in a timely and very thorough manner for project leaders and electronic lab notebooks
• Ability to problem solve, find innovative ways to achieve a goal and convey new ideas effectively
• Solid math foundation
• Interest and experience in cooking and baking
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.