Laboratory Technician ( ID # 13319 )
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions (CNTS) provides technical support services and project support personnel to its defense and civilian agency clients. CNTS specializes in locating hard to find candidates for rapid response requests throughout the country. It provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including information technology, science, engineering, construction, research & development, facilities management, program management, and mission support. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNTS is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.cherokee-cnts.com
The National Water Quality Laboratory (NWQL) supports the U.S. Geological Survey’s (USGS) Water Mission Area by performing quality assurance on laboratory and field measurements and supplying reference materials to USGS water-quality programs and projects. Quality Assurance (QA) data from various projects are used to estimate bias and variability within the field, analytical and measurement processes. Statistical, graphical, and data reports summarizing the QA data are produced and distributed to internal and external USGS customers.
CNTS is looking for a Laboratory Technician. The successful candidate will be providing support in the laboratory area and will work with NWQL project managers to evaluate current and historical information administrating the benthic macroinvertebrate that would improve the overall operations’ efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide assistance in the laboratory areas and work closely with team members and managers in a dynamic work environment
- Perform laboratory procedures as per the Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) and guidelines
- Prepare samples in accordance with method SOPs for instrumental analysist
- Maintain and troubleshot all laboratory instrument.
- Provide written reports as required. Provide appropriate documentation in lab notebooks within stated requirements
- All data documentations follow appropriate SOP guidelines and established policy
- Strictly adheres to all safety, health, and environment processes and procedures.
- Makes immediate notification to responsible government personnel if a problem arises.
- A high school diploma is required; a bachelor’s in chemistry or completed college courses in a related field is strongly desired
- Must be able to operate and be comfortable with analytical instrumentation and have skills to conduct various laboratory duties.
- Skilled in preparing monthly Quality Control Charts
- Ability to take appropriate action for Quality Control related problems
- Skill and knowledge on how to report any problems that may cause work interruption or create potential quality impacts.
- Must have the availability to work late evening and weekend if required
- Critical thinking skills to independently solve minor equipment and sample problems.
- Must have the ability to works as a team member or independently as procedure requires.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time during an eight hour work day
- Working experience in a laboratory environment with at least college algebra is required
- Basic computer skills including the use of Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel are preferred
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- The ability to pass a drug screen and a federal background check are mandatory
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
- maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]”. This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.