We are partnering with an exciting cancer immunotherapy startup (still in stealth mode!) with two years of committed funding. This is a rare opportunity to make a difference in the product profiles of therapies that are designed to extend the lives of cancer patients. They are expanding their preclinical team and seeking Research Scientists with a background in molecular or cell biology, tissue culture, and immunology. Under the supervision of the scientific group lead, this position's responsibility includes, but is not limited to, designing molecular and conducting a wide range of in vitro techniques including, molecular biology, tissue culture of immortal cell lines, and cell- and antibody-based immunological assays.
- Designing and conducting experiments in molecular biology with a focus on gene editing approaches.
- Executing immunological assays, including ELISA and flow cytometry.
- Communication and presentation of research findings at cross-functional internal meetings.
- Sterile culture of human tumor cell lines.
- Documentation and record keeping.
- Work independently and as part of a team. Collaborate with others within the laboratory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques, with a focus on gene editing and cloning techniques, and standard immunological assays, including ELISA and flow cytometry.
- A working knowledge of immunology / immuno-oncology are highly desirable.
- Ability to multitask and work in a cross-functional, fast paced environment with limited supervision is required.
- Excellent documentation, organizational, and communication skills are required.
- Strong aseptic tissue culture techniques are essential.
- Experience carrying out experiments in a GDP environment is preferred.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biology, Cellular Biology, or an equivalent focus preferred, will accept MS with equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of postdoctoral and / or industry experience.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.