Our client is a personal care company, looking to hire a Formulation Chemist.
Salary/Hourly Rate: Negotiable (Depends on Experience)
Position Overview: The Formulation Chemist is responsible for formulating and testing products while representing the function in a project team setting.
Responsibilities of the Formulation Chemist:
- Develop new formulations and line extensions, using green chemistry tools that meet consumer and technical objectives
- Conduct related performance and stability studies to ensure products deliver on quality, on budget and on the product experience
- Work with your people leader and project teams to understand project criteria and build plans for developing new products, executing line extensions and enabling cost savings
- Develop and support compelling, consumer-noticeable claims for new products and product improvements, conduct competitive analysis on products and collaborate with sales and marketing teams to develop label copy, graphics, usage instructions and claims substantiation
- Develop test methodologies to support product development and quality assurance/control activities, assist QA team with physical standard production and maintenance
- Utilize IT tools and systems to manage specifications, documentation and enable global collaboration
- Work independently in the lab and help maintain lab hygiene, lab safety, processes and documentation
- Work with suppliers to evaluate green chemistry solutions through testing and timely feedback, iterative material improvements and incorporation into products
- Continually assess and upgrade formulation capabilities, including technical knowledge base, test methods and formulation skills
Qualifications for the Formulation Chemist:
- 3-5 years in consumer-packaged goods or similar industry, strong technical background in chemistry and formulation
- Formulation experience in laundry, dish, and hard surface cleaning formulation desired
- Formulation skills in adjacent categories a bonus (personal care, beauty care, paper goods, industrial/commercial)
- BS or MS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field
Benefits: Eligible for Atrium Care Package
The post Formulation Chemist appeared first on Atrium.