Sign-on/Retention Bonus Incentives up to $8000 for this position!*
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire is seeking a full-time cytotechnologist to join a vibrant and growing cytology laboratory. Cytotechnologists participate in a broad range of basic and complex cases encountered at the largest tertiary academic medical center in New Hampshire. The cytology laboratory supports an active FNA ROSE service with use of telecytology technology for procedures in OR, Endoscopy, CT, IR and clinics. Cytotechnologists assist with the teaching of medical students, pathology residents and cytopathology fellows. Satellite site for the University of Nebraska Medical Center Cytotechnology Program; cytotechnologists are tasked with coordinating and teaching cytotechnology students.
The cytology section works closely with the world-renown Dartmouth Laboratory for Clinical Genomics and Advanced Technology (CGAT) and has major funded research programs in informatics - including deep learning - related to cytology. Cytotechnologists assist with specimen collection for research studies organized through the Norris Cotton Cancer Institute.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Analyze and interpret cellular changes caused by disease processes. Prepare samples of microscopic examination by processing and staining clinical gynecological and non-gynecological specimens. Perform thorough microscopic examination of the slides to detect and interpret cellular changes, document initial findings, and route to cytopathologist for final diagnosis when necessary. Assist clinician colleagues with slide preparation during fine needle aspiration procedures and perform on-site adequacy assessments as needed. Participate and assist in research and development activities. Mentor and teach all aspects of cytology to residents, medical students, fellows, and new cytotechnologists. Actively participate in compliance and quality management activities on a daily basis. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- FNA ROSE experience required; telecytology experience preferred.
- Ability to perform mentally demanding tasks and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with computer entry/retrieval of lab results.
- In-depth knowledge of anatomy; histology; benign and abnormal cytology of all body sites.
- Ability to utilize independent judgment and provide patient-focused care in a clinical setting through the accurate microscopic evaluation of cases.
- Experience performing 10% quality control review of negative Pap tests.
- Position requires knowledge of various complex laboratory techniques and procedures.
*External applicants only and certain conditions apply
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university required, unless prior to September 1992 with two years at an accredited institution.
- Successful completion of a 12 month CAAHEP accredited Cytotechnology program required.
- 2 years’ experience.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: