|Post Date:||Nov 18, 2023||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||11/18/2023||Salary:|| |
Infleqtion delivers high-value quantum information precisely where it is needed. By operating at the Edge, our software-configured, quantum-enabled products deliver unmatched levels of precision and power, generating streams of high-value information for commercial organizations, the United States, and allied governments. With 16 years of ColdQuanta's pioneering quantum research as our foundation, our hardware products and AI-powered solutions address critical market needs in PNT, global communication security and efficiency, resilient energy distribution, and accelerated quantum computing. We currently have offices in Austin, TX; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL; Louisville, CO; Madison, WI; Melbourne, AU; and Oxford, UK. Learn how Infleqtion is revolutionizing how we communicate, navigate, and discover at www.infleqtion.com. We are recruiting for an AMO Physicist.
This position is a full-time, hybrid position which will be located in our Louisville, Colorado office.
The newly hired physicist will collaborate on current research and commercial projects and support development of new concepts and approaches for future investigations. The AMO physicist's role includes a combination of self-directed and collaborative efforts with a team of fellow physicists, engineers, and technicians.
The duties and responsibilities outlined below include essential functions of the role. Depending on business needs, this role may perform a combination of some or all of the following duties. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Participates in and/or leads research and development projects including, but not limited to, optical lattice, vapor cells, laser systems, laser frequency stabilization, and future quantum sensing systems
- Development of control systems and software for embedded and laboratory use
- Write, debug, and apply software for test, simulation, data acquisition, and data analysis in C or C++ and Python
- Develops real-time control systems for FPGA platforms using hardware description language(s)
- Tests assemblies using standard lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, phase noise analyzers, etc
- Analyzes and interprets complex customer specifications, including reference to various industry standards
- Collaborates with fellow physicists, engineers, and technicians to design, build and operate quantum clocks and sensors
- Participates in the design of electronics hardware requirements
- Participates in the development and submission of proposals from a technical standpoint
- Participates in technical reviews and project status meetings: Presents finds to key stakeholders as appropriate
- Contributes to and maintains technical documentation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- PhD in atomic physics, optical physics, or related field
- Experience designing and integrating complex hardware and software into systems
- Experience with atomic vapors and atomic clocks, including ADEVs
- Experience with embedded system development in C/C++ or Python
- Experience writing proposals and leading work as a Principal Investigator (PI)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively share information with technical and non-technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to learn new and complex topics quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with all levels of an organization; Professional-level communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably in a highly collaborative, cross-functional, and team-oriented environment
- Desire and demonstrated ability to thrive and produce results in a fluid, dynamic, and fast-paced environment
- Passion for solving complex problems and challenges in a highly technical and scientific environment
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to travel domestically and (potentially) internationally up to 10%
- This role requires that you do not require sponsorship or a work visa transfer
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- 2+ years of post-PhD experience in post doc or quantum-related industries
- Experience with cold or ultracold atoms, ions, and/or molecules
- Experience with laser systems, including laser frequency combs, electro-optic elements and optical waveguides, diode lasers and optical cavities
- Experience with Linux operating system and embedded platforms
- Experience with FPGA development in any HDL to include RF signal processing using VHDL, Verilog, and/or SystemVerilog
The targeted salary range for this role is $115,000 to $145,000 on an annualized basis plus eligibility to participate in our annual incentive plan.
In addition to your base compensation, we offer a generous Total Rewards program which includes:
- 100% company paid Employee coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short/Long Term Disability insurance programs
- Employer funded Health Savings Account
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Safe Harbor Contribution
- Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account
- Paid FMLA Leave
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Employer Assistance Program
- Student Loan Repayment
Here you have freedom to embrace your whole self: who you love, your gender identity and expression, skin color, age, appearance, disability, neurodiversity, DNA, military/veteran status, citizenship, and other factors that make up who you are. Your uniqueness is valued, welcomed, and appreciated here. We are dedicated to providing a positive workplace and base all employment decisions on your qualifications, performance, merits, as well as business needs. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If this opportunity interests you and you fit the job description, please submit an application. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability, please feel free to contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.