SGS North America
Senior Manager/ Director, Chemistry Laboratory
|Post Date:||Jul 03, 2020||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||7/3/2020||Salary:|| |
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Sr. Manager/ Director is responsible for the Chemistry Laboratory Operations working with textiles, garments, hard goods, and electronics.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Full supervisory responsibility of Chemists and Technicians, both direct and indirect reports (hiring: interviewing, selection; planning work, scheduling, performance evaluations, performance management, and termination for employees.
- Calibrate and validate instruments such as: Inorganic Equipment- ICP-OE, ICP-MS, XRF, DMA, IC, Organic Equipment- GC-MS, HPLC, LC-MS, UV-Vis
- Conduct performance evaluations on direct reports, and indirect reports, as applicable.
- Responsible for monthly and year-end financial accruals; planning and managing all finances related to the chemistry lab
- Schedule workflow through the department so that client deadlines are met in a timely fashion; monitor throughput and performance.
- Determine the priority status of all samples in each day’s lab batch and ensure the expedited processing of samples to meet the client’s requirements.
- Train all new laboratory technicians and reinforce their training with copies of applicable standards, specifically ISO 17025 and customer-specific protocols.
- Develop, write, review, perform, and validate test methods, laboratory SOPs, and other department level operating and quality documents. Review and sign data sheets and reports
- Develop, review, submit, and file reports on client sample tests, correlation tests, calibration, validation, and other projects.
- Ensure each person within their responsibility has undergone orientation and has sufficient knowledge for their safety and health while at work.
- Ensure that each person has sufficient information, resources, and materials to do their job safely.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Chemistry or related scientific disciplines.
- 7+ years working in a chemistry lab setting with experience following strict safety standards AND 2+ years experience in an Analytical Chemistry lab AND
- 2+ years of experience with Quality Management System ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 compliance AND
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- Master’s in Analytical Chemistry
- Experience working in a multinational organization
- International business exposure with consumer products a plus
- 5+ years supervisory experience
- 2+ years general management of budgeting and managing a P&L
- Language Skills: English advanced required
- Mathematical Skills: advanced required; experience with statistics preferred
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: intermediate required, advanced preferred
- Computer Skills: advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite preferred, particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Experience in Extractions and Digestions in preparing for analysis.
- Understand company Quality Management System ISO 9001 and ISO 17025 requirements in related tasks.
- Knowledge of government, industry, and other regulations, standards, and methodologies including but not limited to - RoHS, ASTM, WEEE, USP, CFR, Prop. 65 and CONEG.
- Ability to follow directions ensuring the end results are accurate and completed with the required timeframe.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to execute detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Well organized with a strong sense of responsibility for project and time management.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent time management skills are required. Must have a sense of urgency.
- 5-10% of domestic travel may be required.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
SGS North America
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.