Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world - in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals - that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
At Abbott Molecular, we realize the potential of personalized care as the laboratory’s most trusted and preferred source for molecular diagnostic solutions. We are a division of Abbott Laboratories, a global, diversified healthcare innovator with a legacy of pioneering work in medical diagnostics.
- This position is based at Abbott’s Molecular Division global headquarters in Des Plaines, IL.
- Qualified candidates must currently reside in, or near (i.e., commutable distance of), Des Plaines, IL.
- Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position.
Position Overview & Key Responsibilities
- In this role, you will develop and implement short, medium, and long-term knowledge, skill, and business process training strategies in coordination with area sales, service, marketing, and business leaders.
- Assist Abbott Training and Development team with the design and development and delivery of training programs to all positions enhancing and impacting the performance of the commercial organization.
- Continue to update the Americas training curriculum to address the evolving needs of the commercial organization, including new, and pipeline products.
- Manage the assessment of training effectiveness and take corrective action to continually improve the quality of training delivered.
- Identify and deliver training programs addressing the broader needs of the organization, with appropriate measures and impact.
- Assist in the development and execution of comprehensive multiyear training strategy for all parts of the organization (both new and current employees) including but not limited to knowledge, skills, coaching, business process, and measure the effectiveness of the transfer of knowledge and skills.
- Customize and fully implement fundamental and advanced selling skills, maintain and expand the implementation of manager coaching training to ensure knowledge and skill levels.
- Establish executive management relationships both internally and externally to provide added value to training programs.
- Ensure that trainers are prepared and qualified to conduct appropriate training on an ongoing basis with the effectiveness of materials and class structure.
- The incumbent will be accountable for the development, delivery and reinforcement of knowledge, skill and process training that support the achievement of the sales plan.
- The role embraces all key product areas, and this is assignment is focused on the Americas.
- Training Tactics: Support area sales/field service/marketing organizations in identifying areas of need. Execute existing programs to address skills needs.
- Knowledge Assessment: Ongoing evaluation of training program effectiveness. Continually evaluate knowledge and skill levels of the commercial organization
- Training Delivery: Influence cross-functional teams that executes training programs and delivers in a classroom or field-based setting. Where appropriate, support Americas programs and deliver to areas in their entirety but with special emphasis on area of need.
- Training Reinforcement: Ensure the successful integration of delivered knowledge and skill training into daily activities and implement actions to address identified gaps.
- Organization Communication: Ensure appropriate information shared early and often with team participants and stakeholders.
Minimum Position Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years plus of commercial experience, preferably in the Diagnostics or Medical Device industry.
- 3+ years successful sales training experience required.
- Proficiency in development and delivery of customer focused needs development training.
- Ability to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally.
Preferred Position Qualifications
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Learning and Development certification preferred.
- Outstanding facilitation, presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrate superior selling/support skills and product knowledge in previous assignments.