SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Laboratory Analyst 1 is primarily responsible for conduct of routine analytical work performed on pharmaceutical products and medical devices, as well as assisting other Analysts in the completion of their tasks. General duties essential to an orderly, efficient and prepared Analytical laboratory will also be applicable to this position. A person at the Analyst 1 level may be asked to participate in the preparation and review process for laboratory SOPs and forms/worksheets.
Our Life Science Services Division provides analytical, bioanalytical and clinical trial testing capabilities, along with process management, that enable pharmaceuticals to swiftly reach those that need them with minimal cost and maximum safety.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.
SGS Life Science Services has a few openings for this position. This is an entry level position and will be temporary to hire. The shifts can either be:
Monday through Friday
Tuesday through Saturday, day shift
Sunday through Thursday, second shift
• Ensure that all reasonable client requests pertaining to the conduct of a given test are met in a timely and ultimately effective manner.
• Ensure that all client requests for information pertaining to analytical testing (or any of SGS’s other services) are passed on to appropriate company personnel in a timely and effective manner.
• Ensure that routine testing submitted by clients is completed within established parameters governing turnaround time and quality-of-work expectations.
• Participation in departmental and/or company-wide projects designed to improve the nature of SGS’s client services.
TO INTERNAL CUSTOMERS:
• Ensure that all reasonable requests from department management pertaining to the conduct of a given test or group of tests are met in a timely and effective manner.
• Ensure that other Analysts working in the Analytical Services Laboratory receive the help and cooperation they need to successfully complete their studies.
• Provide the Department Team Leader -- Administrative Support with appropriate notification of any special requests regarding sample log-in, reporting, and billing activities.
• Participate in departmental or company-wide projects designed to improve the internal efficiency and overall quality of work performed at the laboratory.
• Participate in creating and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork throughout the laboratory.
• Perform various routine analytical studies as required by client submissions. Duties here include preparation for testing by using good time management skills for each assigned task, such as confirming availability of resources (standards, equipment, etc.) and adequacy of testing documentation, proper application of test procedures, proper technique for data capture and recording, and preparation of the final report of analysis.
• Provide crucial support to other Analysts in the conduct of their studies.
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all general SOPs pertaining to the Analytical Services Laboratory.
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of GMP/GLP and ISO requirements as these pertain to work performed in the Analytical Services Laboratory.
• Participate as needed in departmental efforts directed toward equipment maintenance, calibration, qualification and repair.
• Adherence to relevant SGS SOPs governing documentation and reporting.
• Compliance with applicable SGS SOPs related to the handling of client complaints.
• Adherence to applicable SGS personnel policies regarding time clock, telephones, sick days, vacation days, etc.
• Participation in general staff training sessions as these are scheduled.
• B.S. in Chemistry (or equivalent in experience or training) preferred.
• Working knowledge of basic chemical principles required.
• Previous analytical laboratory experience preferred.
Working familiarity with techniques for gravimetry, use of volumetric ware (pipettes, burettes, flasks), use of thermometers, baths, ovens, desiccators and fume hoods. Understands basic stoichiometric relationships applicable to analytical chemistry. Able to maintain a notebook record of work performed in the laboratory. Able to follow written testing procedures exactly.
Language and communication skills adequate for daily communication regarding job priorities and deadlines required. Must be able to follow directions well. Good listening skills essential. Must be able to cooperate well with others and work as part of a team. Must be capable of working with persons from diverse backgrounds.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.