Sign on and retention bonuses available up to $5,000*
Full-time, 40-hour per week, night shift position (11pm-7:30am) - Mon Fri
*Additional 20% shift differential offered for Night shift
Assists with the day-to-day responsibilities of the Central Sterile Reprocessing Department related to the workflow of instruments and equipment from the Operating Rooms (and satellite areas) through CSR Decontam and Assembly area.
Perform other duties as required or assigned
- Unloads Instrumentation and Cartwashers, dry and put away items as needed. Reports any suspected equipmentmalfunctions to Decontam Pod Leader & CSR Leaders.
- Operates all washers.
- Assists Sterile Reprocessing Techniciansby restocking supplies, distributing supplies, folding towels, wrapping basins,clearing Decontam window, unloading Decontam elevator, replenishing racks, andbreaking down case carts.
- Sends/ receives Trash Carts to/ from theOR when appropriate. Handle contaminatedwaste with proper care and handling techniques.
- Cleans and disinfects all soiled equipment returning from the ORs and satellite areas.
- Performs decontamination procedures followingprescribed specifications
- Operates machinery in strict accordancewith departmental procedures and manufacturer’s instructions
- Assists in the disassembly ofinstrumentation and processing following prescribed manufacturer guidelines.
- Attends and participates in in-serviceswithin the department, as well as educational programs.
High school graduate required.
Able to prioritize and work with constant interruptions required.
Good communication skills desired.
Basic computer skills required.
The ability to be bonded at Hospital expense required.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: