Senior Chemist - MMA (Methyl Methacrylate)
We are looking for a self-driven, energetic and highly motivated senior R&D Chemist with strong background in MMA (Methyl Methacrylate) to tackle a multitude of technical challenges in roof coating, adhesive and waterproofing membrane research and product development. The candidate must have solid understanding of MMA structure-property relationship.
Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge:
- Work closely with product managers, sales, manufacturing and technical service to support the existing business.
- Investigate a wide range of roofing field issues and recommend the remedial and preventative measurements.
- Conduct extensive theoretical research and lab testing to fully evaluate the long term performance for various roofing products and systems.
- Develop novel products and improve existing products and assist manufacturing with scale up production.
- Complete assigned projects according to desired specifications and timelines.
- Identify equipment needs for effective research and product development purpose.
- Interact with external organizations (suppliers etc.) to explore new technologies for roofing applications.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Degree in Material Science, Chemistry, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering or related field required.
- Laboratory research experience with FTIR, GPC, DSC, DTA, DMA and DSR and Instron etc is essential.
- A strong team player with positive and professional attitude and a strong bias for action to solve challenges.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest MMA technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated work experience, publications, or filed IP in areas of materials design, property-structure relationships, characterization, or composite deformation and rheology.
- Early career candidates will be considered, however more than 5 years experience in MMA technology will be preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.