The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for decontamination, assembly of linen packs,operation of steam, ETO and other forms of sterilization. Maintains adequate inventory for assembly of instruments and equipment. Performs multiple tasks that assist in the daily operation of all units as wellas being responsible for customer service.
Please Contact Don Glymph- (213) 296-3772
- Extensive knowledge regarding processes used in the decontamination, inspection, cleaning,assembling and packaging of medical/surgical material to include, but not limited to, linen, instruments and equipment according to established standards and procedures to ensure asterile and functioning supply of materials.
- Prepare trays for designated areas according to prescribed procedures. Wrap and/or packageitems for specified areas according to procedures prescribed for designated areas.
- Must be able to operate bar code instrument tracking systems
- Work with Operating Room personnel to ensure specialty trays are handled in the prescribedmanner.
- Dissemble, clean, assemble and test specialty instrumentation and equipment for properfunctioning.
- Must be able to differentiate between single-use and reusable items.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and materials to include documenting usage, issuing, receivingand reordering as assigned.
- Adheres to all Maxim and worksite rules, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned/necessary.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- State Licensure or certification as required by state regulations or contract specifications.
- Certification through the National Certification Board for CS. may be required by stateregulations or contract specifications
- One (1) year of experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Advanced knowledge of central sterile processes.
- Successful completion of Maxim Staffing Solutions testing process.
- Successful completion of background screening and hiring process.
- Current physical exam, if required by state regulations or contract specifications.
- Current TB test or chest x-ray.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer