* Under supervision, performs blood specimen collection by venipuncture and / or micro techniques.
* Performs related tests and / or procedures.
* Performs related clerical duties.
* Processes specimens utilizing knowledge of laboratory computer and processes, hospital policies and interdepartmental functions.
• Other duties including answering the phone, assisting in-patients and out-patients, and other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) preferred
- 6 months to 1 year experience preferred
- Certification as a Phlebotomist from an Accredited College or Training Facility or Formal training in a hospital based or military based program preferred