Associates Degree in Science, Training commensurate with Medical Lab Technician
Certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician or Medical Laboratory Scientist by the ASCP or equivalent agency Preferred.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Central Carolina Hospital
Performs patient specimen analysis for diagnostic purposes, under the supervision of a medical technologist or section leader. Enters all results into the computer system. Maintains laboratory inventory. Collects and processes specimens in blood bank, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, serology/immunology, phlebotomy, drug screen collections.
1. Ability to function in all areas of the clinical laboratory: blood bank, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, serology/immunology, phlebotomy, drug screen collections.
2. Alters or adjusts methods and procedures for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
3. Performs quality control procedures and instrument checks.
4. Operates and maintains equipment correctly and safely, including calibration of instruments.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of expected lab values and responses to outliers and trends according to departmental policies and procedures.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of expected lab results for the infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
7. Reports critical values according to laboratory policies and procedures.
8. Maintains accurate laboratory records on procedures performed for statistics and billing.
9. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
10. Meets current documentation standards and policies.
11. Interacts professionally with the Director of Clinical Laboratory, Pathologist, clinical laboratory personnel, patients, visitors, and staff.
12. Consults with other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
13. Operates and maintains equipment correctly and safely, including calibration of instruments.
14. Responsible for inventory of reagents and supplies in the laboratory, reports needed supplies to the designated responsible party.
15. Initiates the meeting of responsibilities without prompting.
16. Demonstrates the values of team concept on a consistent basis.
17. Communicates verbally in a clear and concise manner.
18. Submits suggestions to improve the laboratory’s efficiency.
19. Performs clerical work; is able to input and retrieve lab results in the computer system.
20. Completes work within designated time.