- Performin vitro and in vivo drug metabolism studies for discovery projects in various R&D portfolios
- Prepare routine in vitro samples for metabolism or MetID studies including but not limit to incubation with hepatocytes, liver microsomes or other biological matrices and processing of samples using protein precipitation, evaporating or concentrating samples.
- Aid in performing routine tissue exposure, tissue binding and biomarker analysis in biological matrix including process the samples for LC-MS analysis
- Assist the supervisor in maintaining documentation, safety inspection, and instrument log books.
- Maintain general lab reagents and supplies inventory
- Operate and maintain LC/MS systems
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. degree in biology, chemistry, or pharmaceutical science discipline plus at least 7 years for BS, 5 years for MS or 2-4 years for Ph.D. of industrial experience in conducting drug metabolism studies using hepatocytes and liver microsomes is a must.
- Strong technical skills in handling hepatocytes, cells, and other biological matrices is required
- Experience in operating and maintaining LC and Thermo Scientific Orbitrap or AB Sciex triple-quadruple mass spectrometers is a plus.
- Prior experience in Analyst and Watson software for quantitative analysis and automation using Tecan liquid handling system for drug metabolism assays is a plus.
- Records in strong technical writing skill as evidenced by research paper, conference presentation, and patent publications, etc.
- Drug metabolism, LC-MS, sample preparation, hepatocyte incubation, organization
- MS software, cell culture, problem solving, quantitative analysis
- Attention to details
- Critical analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to the assigned tasks and striving for on-time delivery
- Desire to work within a team in a highly dynamic environment
**For immediate consideration, please email your updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] with 'Scientist LC/MS' in the subject line.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.