PRIMARY PURPOSE: To develop and manage predictive modeling assignments through completion; to communicate results; to make recommendations to management; and to ensure model ownership, implementation, and monitoring; to spot trends and to gain maximum insight that can give the company a competitive advantage.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, prepares, and manages predictive models through completion.
- Identifies required resources; researches data, procedures, and history for a thorough understanding of project direction.
- Collects new data and statistics from multiple sources and generates statistical analysis.
- Collaborates with data management team to develop, refine, and scale data management and analytics procedures, systems, workflows, best practices, and other issues.
- Partners with both business and IT leaders to influence how the organization approaches and meets business challenges of an evolving customer base and changing marketplace, using strong business acumen.
- Prepares reports using various system programs and coordinating with other departments.
- Develops and trains the data management team on new or updated procedures as needed.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major in Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science; SAS certifications preferred..
Eight (8) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience to include five (5) years of statistical modeling experience with solid background in the fundamentals of machine learning and statistics.
Highly prefer candidates with previous experience with Statistical Modeling; Familiarity with at least one programming language; SQL Experience; and SAS experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience in managing and manipulating large datasets
- Knowledge of advanced analytics tool such as SAS or R
- Thorough knowledge of insurance industry business practices and processes
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex concepts
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.