Sr. Chemist (San Diego)
Schedules: 1st shift and 2nd shift
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k
The individual for this position will be responsible for performing various analytical techniques and common standard lab practices in order to assess the quality of pharmaceutical products under cGMPs (as applicable) and limited supervision. These positions give opportunities to broaden analytical expertise and learn the common operations in a fast-paced, dynamic Quality Control group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Independent execution of HPLC methods and preparation of sample, data packets, and data summaries
- Analysis of pharmaceutical products, including the set-up and execution of GMP in-process, release and stability testing using a variety of analytical techniques
- Creation of stability data sheets and Certificates of Analysis to summarize analytical testing and participation in revision of protocols and test methods
- Performance of stability-indicating HPLC/UPLC analytical method qualifications and validations
- Conduct experiments and communicate results to supervisor
- Participation in Out of Specification investigations and the writing of analytical variances
- Prepare documents and technical reports for clients
- Understand and apply ICH and FDA guidance where needed
- Stay current with analytical technology industry standards and equipment
- Interpret data and use conclusions to propose follow up experiments
- Participate in technical discussions with supervisor and peers
- Effectively communicate with peers and interdepartmental colleagues
- May have direct supervision of a lab assistant
- S. degree in a physical or biological science, Chemistry preferred.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.