Schedule: Full-Time, 7P-7A
The Registered Nurse provides direct patient care to assigned patients in the Stem Cell Transplant Unit (F7). This is a 30 private bed unit which specializes in the care of Multiple Myeloma patients. Team members include physicians, registered nurses, APRN’s, clinical pharmacists, dietitians, social workers, chaplains, physical and occupational therapists, and psychologists. This team provides continuity of care for all patients receiving stem cell transplants, both autologous and allogeneic. Nurses are an integral part of the multidisciplinary team providing care to these patients, administering chemotherapy and supportive care treatments throughout the inpatient stay.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- 11 paid Holidays in addition to Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy.
Salary offered commensurate with experience.
Registered Nurse delivers nursing care for patients in within the limits of the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Arkansas and adheres to institutional policies, procedures and standards. The RN is responsible to adhere to the standard of care defined by UAMS, ANA, and Standards for specialty patient population with support and mentoring by other team members. Collects and documents assessment data. Develops a Plan of Care (POC) per standard. Implements POC including medical order and interdisciplinary approach. Evaluates the progress of patient toward attainment of desired outcomes. Provides effective patient/family education/discharge planning. Administers medication per standard including drug information to patients/families. Acts as a resource/supports others. Delivers patient care using the principles of the defined nursing modality. Delegates care based on UAMS standards, legal and regulatory requirements, specific job description and individual level of education and training. Contributes to a positive work environment that is conducive to clinical education while serving as a resource for student nurses and staff.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program with Associates Degree, Nursing Diploma, Bachelors in Nursing, or Master's in Nursing.
- Valid RN License.
- 1 year of Registered Nursing experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong work ethics and accountability.
- 2 years or more nursing experience with current BLS.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.