Hiring Lab Technician for the Microbiology based R&D Lab of our Client - a Multinational Firm!
Location - Montvale, NJ
Duration - 6-12 months contract (high visibility of conversion into fulltime employee)
Hired Lab technician will assist the senior Scientists & Researchers from Microbiology field. Lot of opportunity to grow and progress within the firm.
If you're a Biology/ Chemistry Undergrad/ Grad with knowledge/ experience in Microbiology and passionate to learn new skills, this opportunity is for you! Apply immediately with your UPDATED RESUME.
* Perform laboratory tasks using general microbiological laboratory techniques.
* Perform appropriate practices and procedures in line with standard operating procedures.
* Maintain laboratory records in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice standards.
* Prepare microbiological media, reagents, glassware, and process contaminated materials.
* Read and interpret microbiological test results.
* Maintain an adequate inventory of laboratory supplies.
* Manage hazardous waste disposal.
* Maintain, monitor and clean laboratory equipment as necessary.
* Operate autoclaves, pH meter, balance, purified water and mixing equipment.
* Maintain chemical inventory.
* Order laboratory supplies and chemicals.
* Maintain MSDS files and chemical inventory database
* Review existing laboratory Standard Operating Procedures related to role.
* Maintain a clean, safe and organized laboratory.
* Follow all safety rules and safe operating procedures.
* Perform additional duties as directed or assigned by the microbiology supervisor.
* Perform basic mathematics (addition/subtraction/multiplication/division, dilutions, ratios, and percentages).
* Experience in QC checks for media and IQ/OQ/PQ.
Required Skills/ Experience:
* High School diploma with at least 5 years of lab experience or Associates Degree in Science with 1-2 years related experience in a laboratory setting
* Knowledge of aseptic techniques
* Ability to follow detailed directions and perform procedures accurately and efficiently; work independently and with a team; maintain good working relationship with other staff.
* Strong oral communication skills to effectively provide feedback to project teams or immediate supervisor.
* Knowledge of common software applications, including MSOffice and other related computer skills
* Strong written communication skills for accurate data entry and concise lab reports
* Results-oriented and self-motivating, seeking information from others to accomplish objectives
Desired Skills/ Experience:
* GLP/GMP experience a plus.
* Hands-on experience working in a microbiology or virology lab environment preferred.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)