|Post Date:||Dec 24, 2019||Type:||Full-Time|
|Start Date:||12/24/2019||Salary:|| |
Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization’s clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
The Senior Scientist will be responsible for development and validation of molecular assays requiring isolation of nucleic acid and detection using various PCR methods, nucleic acid sequencing, genotyping, or gene expression analysis. The ideal candidate will have a molecular biology, oncology, immunology, and/or human genetics background, strong communication and organizational skills, leads by influence, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Development and validation of molecular assays using genomic technologies such as DNA sequencing, amplification, genotyping, and gene expression.
- Proficient in nucleic acid (DNA, RNA) extraction methodologies involving liquid and tissue specimens/samples.
- Evaluates new genomic technologies and drives their implementation within the assay development team.
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in molecular biology, oncology, immunology, and/or human genetics.
- Serve as a technical or scientific lead on internal and/or client projects.
- Contributes to ideas and perspectives in client discussions. Engage and communicates with clients.
- Independently designs and executes experiments to develop assays.
- Responsible for sample and specimen handling of biological samples, including bacteria/viruses requiring BSL-2 containment.
- Demonstrated ability to summarize, analyze and convey complex information clearly and adjust communication to the audience.
- Contributes to or may author publications (posters, patents, journals), as applicable.
- Responsible for, with increasing accountability for, creation and review of experimental designs, protocols, plans, procedures, product/process documents and reports to achieve department objectives.
- May oversee/direct (be accountable for) lab work or work carried out by other associates in assay development.
- Leads by example in following all policies, procedures as required and proactively identifies and remedies problems.
- Independently executes defined protocols and procedures and creates technical reports on feasibility and validation projects.
- Liaisons with other functions such as Project Services, Bioinformatics, Software, Operations, and Quality.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Technical expert on use of molecular biology techniques including hands-on experience with high throughput DNA Sequencers, genotyping, and Real-Time PCR equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to present and write technical Information and train staff on molecular methods.
- Has in-depth understanding of risk management concepts and can assess product, process, project and schedule risks.
- Able to remove simple or moderately complex road blocks.
- Knowledge of Companion Diagnostics and/or Design Controls is preferred but not required.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, as well as experience in bio-statistical software.
- Demonstrated understanding of molecular biology, analyze data, and solve technical problems.
- Demonstrates Q2 Solutions values of Quality, Teamwork, Leadership, Accountability, and Integrity.
- Clinical laboratory assay development or CLIA experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to effectively navigate on-line biological databases including NCBI (e.g. PubMed, Entrez, etc.), EMBL, Sanger, etc.
- Accountable for decisions within scope of work. Uses sound judgment and thinks through impacts of situations, options, and broader impact as well.
- Ability to influence tactical decisions within assay development and across functions within product line.
- Motivates and engages team mates by asking for input and listening to other ideas.
- PhD preferred but not required.
- Strong molecular biology background.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to effectively execute multiple tasks.
- Able to drive problem solving activities within area of work. Uses Pareto charts, 5 Whys, fish bone diagrams to get to root cause.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Leads using influence.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/MS Degree or educational equivalent in cell biology, molecular biology, oncology, immunology, human genetics, or related field with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1085594
Please help us spread the word
about BiologyJobs.com by telling
any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A.
(bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or
Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.