University Health System is one of the largest employers in San Antonio seeking a highly qualified RN executive to join our team. As a level I Trauma Hospital and Academic Medical Center our mission is to improve the good health of the community through high quality compassionate patient care, innovation, education and discovery. We are the future of healthcare making a difference in the lives of our patients.
We currently have an opening for a RN Director of Heart and Vascular Services. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join a company with a reputation for exceptional service and patient care.
Services include cardiac surgery, non-invasive cardiac and vascular procedures, diagnostic and interventional cardiology, electrophysiology and endovascular procedures.
What you will do:
- Responsible for the overall development of strategic, operational, and quality initiatives related to the Heart and Vascular program
- Responsible for development, coordination, implementation and reporting of process improvement initiatives in order to promote optimal cardiac and vascular care to enhance patient safety and improve patient outcomes and metrics.
- Provides direct supervision of the staff and processes related to the Congestive Heart Failure Program and the STS database.
- Leads all aspects of the Chest Pain accreditation, including chair of the Chest Pain Steering committee
What we require:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
- Must have at least five years clinical hospital nursing experience with two years of supervisory/charge/coordinator experience in nursing.
University Health System offers a robust benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Cancer, Flexible Spending, Pet Insurance and 2 plans to help you save for your retirement and much more! We have a generous Paid Time off Program and No UHS Pharmacy co-Pays!
Apply now and be a part of the University Health System Mission!