More transactional; daily interaction with hourly staff and SPOC. Supervises hourly staff and is the first line of response for customers. Focuses on emergency work orders and safety.
• Implementing SDX procedures/programs to achieve operational goals/performance in managing – mechanical – Hard FM – Electric, plumber, HVAC, and mechanical; carpentry (would fall under skilled mechanical).
• Scope – number of management technicians/generalists? Or trades? / level of interaction with client vs chain of command / unit financial responsibility / safety /
• Number of buildings / square footage levels / level of sophisticated systems – HVAC / electronics / Labs
• Level of self-performed tasks vs. contractor management/ staffing levels may be less than Healthcare – more redundancy of systems; HC more regulatory “Joint Commission which dictates more annual/planned processes
• Preventive and corrective maintenance; predictive maintenance.
• Greater than 500k sq ft; over 10 – 12 trades
• Day to day management of the maintenance operations of the account. Oversight communication workflow management; Building trades and mechanical trades – electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC (Hard FM) – Scope of responsibility is greater for a Manager 2 – more technical and more management; may have a Manager 1 reporting this position
Critical 1 – Mechanically competent
Critical 2 – People skills – communication/mgmt.
Interpersonal skills important
Scope may mandate this position; technical competency level may also be a differentiator
Supervision of all outside contractors/vendors for site
Responsible for overseeing facilities staff, training and hr functions for unit
Financial= labor, inventory, supplies, UFS
Performs facilities maintenance functions as required.
Manages events (schools)
Communicates directly with customers
Responsible for CMMS
Implement SDX programs/ procedures/ policies/ systems
Safety – client and SDX employee safety
Mechanical systems – maintaining operational capability of mechanical systems
Multiple buildings requiring mechanical systems oversight
Scheduling and work flow management – greater scope
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
To be responsible for management and delivery of Scientific Services and to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing project and operational support for Scientific Services in the US
This involves close liaison with research staff, Engineering and Operations staff to ensure all scientific services activities are effectively managed and delivered.
Accountabilities or “what you have to do”
- Duties include leading the delivery of scientific services in strategic and operational matters such as :
- Glasswash & autoclave services
- Lab waste management
- Glassware Operations
- Media preparation
- Laboratory gas service management
- Laboratory coat management
- GMP cleaning management
- Consistent services with zero interruptions
- Act as the primary interface with the Customers through effective leadership and ensure that all service teams deliver both qualitative and quantitative results
- Ensure all work is carried out to exact specifications and in accordance with all GSK / Sodexo policies and procedures; and in accordance with this job description.
- Conduct activities in a professional and proactive manner
- Overall responsibility for all health safety and compliance activities of the teams including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of health and safety and other documents, e.g. Business continuity plan, laboratory safety manual, protocols for maintenance of the laboratory equipment
- Maintain health and safety induction and training records, good documentation practices, SOPs, Forms and instructions, work orders
- Writing risk assessments, documentation, procedures
- Ensure that audits are carried out and training is in place
- Conducting staff PDRs
- Providing technical assistance to staff for job related issues
- Liaise and manage third party subcontractors
- Ensure the delivery of the services, identified in the statement of works meet the required standard and agreed budgets
- Lead service team managers in resource planning , budgeting, risk management and information reporting where required e.g. audits
- Ensure operational adherence to applicable policies and procedures of all technical and operational staff
- Ensure that quality assurance programs are established and maintained in all areas with emphasis in regulated environments to assure the quality of laboratory services provided and to identify failures in quality as they occur.
- To implement standards for all services to ensure compliance with Legislative, Company, Regulatory (GxP) and Safety regulation
- Provide direction and expertise to the operating areas by promoting Sodexo strategies and best business practices in order to uphold the company mission and values
- Operate as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing support and advice to share best practice and drive innovative
- Produce and publish the agreed service requirements and standards and review these annually
- Ensure the service teams integrate and cooperate in ways that both maximise the use of available resources and enhance our delivery capabilities
- Participate in the development and implementation of operations budget to ensure compliance with organisational expenditure requirements
- Ensure transformation activity is entered into the appropriate tracker and ensure that progress is monitored and updated through to project completion
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of data including but not limited to:
- Staff Management
- Compliance ( CAPAs & Deviations)
- Monthly reports for Governance
- All other duties as assigned