The Microbiology Technician I will perform all environmental monitoring tests required to monitor the controlled areas and support manufacturing operations under the supervision and guidance of Microbiology Laboratory management.
- Must be able to demonstrate and apply good aseptic technique and cleanroom behavior.
- Must be able to demonstrate and apply good gowning technique during certification, re-certification, and routine monitoring.
- Must be able to understand the operation and application of all monitoring devices that are automated or manually operated in the department.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to monitor all environmental parameters, such as viable and non-viable sampling, personnel sampling, and utilities following laboratory and company guidelines.
- Perform required sampling utilizing contact plates, settling plates, RCS strips, and particle counters.
- Perform environmental monitoring testing and utility sampling and testing on scheduled days.
- Perform required data analysis, compiles data and prepares results for review.
- Perform Gram staining and differentiation of isolates.
- Prepare microbiological media for use in laboratory.
- Operate autoclave for routine sterilization of laboratory supplies and media
- Perform growth promotion and negative control testing on media.
- Perform sampling of raw materials.
- Wash glassware and supplies used in laboratory.
- Documents routine procedures following laboratory and company guidelines (SOP’s).
- Assist with studies and/or protocols under supervision of the Microbiology Lab Supervisor or Microbiologists.
- Maintain inventory of laboratory supplies