NIKA is hiring for a Laboratory Ventilation Manager to support a facilities maintenance and operations support services contract at Research Triangle Park, North Carolina!
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- The Laboratory Ventilation Manager administers the client’s Laboratory Ventilation Management Program, including:
ü Coordinating on-site services
ü Scheduling relevant activities
ü Ensuring effective and efficient communication
ü Monitoring performance of all related systems
ü Managing corresponding data
ü Documenting results
- Ensuring assigned projects are completed on time, and within approved scope and budget
- Adheres to an operations and management plan to manage increases and surges in workload, provide manpower, equipment, materials, and supplies to perform multiple tasks at various locations simultaneously, generate reports, collect cost and maintenance data, maintain facilities history files, maintain regulatory records and archives, and maintain and update the technical libraries
- Collaborates with or oversees subcontractors as needed
- Maintains effective communication with the Government, sharing knowledge, demonstrating a business-like concern for the client’s interests, and facilitating program integration
- Ensures contract performance in accordance with the direction and policies of NIKA
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of operating experience with laboratory (or related applications) HVAC, electrical and control systems
- Background in governmental maintenance services preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Individual should be familiar with government organization and functions; understand current procurement best practices; able to organize and express ideas through excellent oral and written communications to a wide variety of audiences; and demonstrate an unquestionable sense of integrity, honesty, and loyalty
- The ability to multitask, manage competing priorities, and resolve issues
- Mechanical engineering degree (or equivalent education and training)
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience using broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex issues
- Excellent communication and listening skills and the ability to communicate with various levels within the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, other MS Office suite products, and CMMS preferred
- Ability to learn and use company software tools
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines
- Extremely high level of attention to detail and the ability to take initiative and adapt quickly to changing requirements
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Must maintain all required city/county/state license(s) and/or certification(s), where applicable.
- Required to maintain a valid state driver’s license.
NIKA provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, NIKA takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.