Laboratory Technician Needed Immediately in east Washington County, RI!
Apex Life Sciences is looking for a talented individual to join our client’s Microbiology team as a Laboratory Technician in east Washington County, RI! Our client is constantly looking for outstanding talented people in order to reach their ambitious goals.
For immediate consideration please email a copy of your resume to Cole at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
If you are looking for a challenging next step or an exciting first step in your career, in a fast-growing environment that supports empowerment and excellence, we can off you’re a position.
Laboratory Technician responsibilities include:
- Registration of incoming samples (as needed), maintaining a neat and accurate record system of work performed on a daily basis and as needed for quality control tests or regulatory purposes.
- Enter the sample data into eLIMS system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complete laboratory testing on all incoming samples in an accurate, efficient and timely manner; ensure sample turnaround time goals are met or exceeded.
- Verify results and submit results to the appropriate personnel for transmission, in a timely manner.
- Identify process difficulties and report these together with proposed solutions to supervisor.
- Reads, understands and follows management system requirements as relevant to responsibilities, including but not limited to requirements found in the Quality Manual, SOPs, Local Work Instructions and Methods which in turn ensures compliance with ISO/IEC 17025/AOAC ALACC requirements and relevant government regulatory.
- Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental regulations relative to assigned analytical work; maintain and assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and co-workers.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees. Communicate orally and in writing to co-workers. This includes “intra” and “inter” departmental employees.
- Promote the company image through the exercising of sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers.
- Continually strive to improve the quality of work we provide to our clients through existing and new technologies
- Identify non-conformances and out-of-specifications
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
The ideal candidate would possess:
- AS or BS degree in Microbiology, Food Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, or related field
- Team spirit and positive attitude are essential to being successful in this role
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have experience in plating, plate reading, and sample preparation
- Willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays as needed
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178