Kelly Scientific Resources is currently recruiting for a Research Assistant to work at a medical device company in Portland, OR. This is a long term temporary position.
- This position is accountable for prototype preparation and evaluation as part of the ongoing grant research efforts as well as other tasks as assigned.
- Day to day activities including organic syntheses, data handling, data processing, sample preparation, sample characterization and sample testing
- Support NIH funding opportunities by performing experiments and collecting data as directed Maintenance of equipment used in routine Innovation, Science Technology work Maintenance of a safe and clean desk and laboratory space
- Good knowledge and experience of biomaterials, biocompatibility, chemistry, polymer chemistry, synthetic chemistry, and analytical methods, biological sample preparation and handling procedures
- Experience in performing scientific experiments and formulating testing hypotheses
- Good experiment planning and performance
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates ability for creative thinking, problem solving, experimental design, and data analysis
- Must be willing and able to prepare biological specimens for ex vivo testing
- Must be willing and able to travel between laboratory locations
- BSc in chemistry, biochemistry or biology
- At least 1 year working in R&D or equivalent after graduation
With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—
providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.