Apex Life Sciences is seeking a mid to entry level lab tech role for a contract position in the Fresno, CA area.
This is with a leading pharmaceutical client and an excellent opportunity to start building a career in this industry.
If interested please send your most updated resumes to Anthony Miller at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Laboratory Technician I
The Laboratory Technician I receives sufficient authority from, and is accountable to the Laboratory Supervisor or appointed designate for the successful completion of assigned duties and responsibilities and has the authority to take action necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this position and to identify the occurrence of departures from the quality system or from the procedures for performing tests and/or calibrations, so long as such action does not deviate from established company guidelines, is consistent with sound technical and business judgment, and follows the practices of the laboratory.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Reads, understands and follows management system requirements as relevant to responsibilities, including but not limited to requirements found in the Quality Manual, SOPs, Local Work Instructions and Methods which in turn ensures compliance with ISO/IEC 17025/AOAC ALACC requirements and relevant government regulatory.
- Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental regulations relative to assigned analytical work; maintain and assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Registration of incoming samples (as needed), maintaining a neat and accurate record system of work performed on a daily basis and as needed for quality control tests or regulatory purposes.
- Enter the sample data into Eurofins eLIMS system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complete laboratory testing on all incoming samples in an accurate, efficient and timely manner; ensure sample turnaround time goals are met or exceeded.
- Verify results and submit results to the appropriate personnel for transmission, in a timely manner.
- Identify process difficulties and report these together with proposed solutions to supervisor.
- Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and co-workers.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees. Communicate orally and in writing to co-workers. This includes “intra” and “inter” departmental employees.
- Promote the company image through the exercising of sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers.
- Continually strive to improve the quality of work we provide to our clients through existing and new technologies
- Identify non-conformances and out-of-specifications
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma required
As or BS Degree in Microbiology, Food Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or a related field. Experience in: Plating, Plate Reading, and Sample Preparation
Ability and/or Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsive problem solver and action oriented
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.