Under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist performs routine and specialized technical and clerical duties for drug distribution to patients. This job builds on the responsibilities of a Pharmacy Technician Certified I.
1. Answers Phones and triages customer service issues.
2. Prepares prescription and non-prescription medication and/or devices.
3. Stocks and replenishes stock locations and automated dispensing machines (ADMs) and/or robots (example: shelves, carousels, Parata).
4. Serves as a preceptor and assists with orientation and training of pharmacy department staff.
5. Communicates supply issues, problems or discrepancies appropriately.
6. Assists in revising policy and procedure
7. Delivers meds to beds or patient care area
8. Performs purchasing and billing functions.
9. Establishes and maintains training materials
10. Prepares intravenous admixtures or other sterile drug products (excluding antineoplastic medications) in accordance with USP chapter under supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
11. Prepares or compounds non-sterile, non-antineoplastic drug products in accordance with USP chapter under supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
12. Maintains the hardware and software of the department's multiple computer systems.
13. Electronically processes prescription orders and prepares prescriptions for verification by a pharmacist.
14. Processes third party claims.
15. Performs in the call center, mail order processing, takes verbal orders from providers, runs registers, data entry, production, and transfers prescriptions.
16. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Associates degree in a health or related field, with 1 year of pharmacy experience, or the equivalent in education and experience preferred.
Ability to flexibly work in a fast paced environment with accuracy.
Strong customer service skills, including phone interactions
Ability to multitask and attention to detail.
Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
Registered Pharmacy Technician with the NH Board of Pharmacy required.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certification required.