GDIT is seeking a Senior Science Advisor to support the Military Operational Medicine Research Program (MOMRP) Environmental Health and Protection Research Program.
MOMRP supports the overall mission of the United States Army Medical Research and Materiel Command (USAMRMC) to develop effective countermeasures against stressors and to maximize health, performance, fitness and warfighter solutions. MOMRP is organized into four program areas ((1) Injury Prevention and Reduction; (2) Psychological Health and Resilience; (3) Physical Health and Performance; and (4) Environmental Health and Protection). Each area represents efforts to develop guidelines and criteria to predict, prevent and mitigate physical and psychological injury and contribute to the shared responsibility of enabling our Armed Forces and providing them with the best care possible. This position would support the Environmental Health and Protection Program.
Specific tasks include:
- Provide advice to the MOMRP Director and Deputy Director on planning, budgeting and execution of research relating to Environmental Health & Protection, including reviewing all pre- and full proposals and making recommendations for approving and disapproving research projects; advise the MOMRP Director and Deputy Director on the scientific quality, merit and military relevance of environmental health research performed by the MOMRP's supporting laboratories and extramural performers; serve as the technical liaison with principal investigators at the MOMRP laboratories (e.g., the US Army Institute for Environmental Medicine (USARIEM));
- Advise the Director and Deputy Director by assisting in developing Environmental Health & Protection Research Program goals and objectives;
- Compose technical summaries of MOMRP-sponsored research projects;
- Prepare and submit MOMRP management documents and Congressional reports;
- Serve as the MOMRP's principal coordinator and technical liaison for all external requests for information and suspense actions requiring MOMRP responses regarding the Environmental Health & Protection Research Program.
- Plan and coordinate MOMRP-sponsored technical meetings, workshops, and peer reviews on environmental health & protection topics;
- Serve as a member of the Environmental Health & Protection Program Area Steering Committee and on the Environmental Health & Protection-related Work Groups.
- Demonstrate command over historical DoD investments in Environmental Health Research across DoD laboratories in order to prevent undue duplication of previously funded efforts/initiatives.
- 10+ years of related experience
- Experience with military research in the environmental health field
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.' We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.