We Are Hiring:
Pharmacy Technician Advanced- Full Time- Rotating Shift- Ascension Genesys Hospital- One Genesys Parkway Grand Blanc, Michigan
What We Offer You
What You Will Do:
- Competitive compensation
- Professional development
- Wellbeing programs and holistic growth opportunities
- Work-life balance through generous paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Medical, dental, vision and retirement match
Provide distributive pharmacy services and technical support for the Pharmacist. Perform activities or tasks in specialty pharmacy services.
What You Will Need:
- Perform specialized duties such as hazardous drug compounding, medication history, nuclear, and Patient Assistance Program (PAP) as a pharmacy technician.
- Refill and maintain automated dispensing system. Prepare orders, maintain inventory, and repackage bulk medications. Receive and store incoming supplies.
- Serve as a liaison between pharmacy, patient and health professionals by providing necessary information. Communicate with external resources such as retail pharmacies, provider officers, and data exchanges.
- Identify and assist with patient medication access including, benefit investigation, prior authorization, and financial assistance.
- Assist Pharmacist in preparation of patient education materials.
- May give immunizations in accordance with state laws.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Michigan Board of Pharmacy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
No additional preferences. Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Ascension Genesys is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.