TITLE: Lead Document Control Specialist
LOCATION: Bellevue, WA
TerraPower is a nuclear technology company based in Bellevue, Washington. At its core, the company is working to raise living standards globally through a more affordable, secure and environmentally friendly form of nuclear energy along with innovations in medical isotopes to improve human health. In 2006, TerraPower originated with Bill Gates and a group of like-minded visionaries who evaluated the fundamental challenges to raising living standards around the world. They recognized energy access was crucial to the health and economic well-being of communities and decided that the private sector needed to take action and create energy sources that would advance global energy deployment. TerraPower’s mission is to be a world leader in new nuclear technologies, while developing innovators and future leaders in the nuclear field. As a result, the company’s activities in the fields of nuclear energy and related sciences are yielding significant innovations in the safety and economics of nuclear power, hybrid energy and medical applications – all for significant human health benefits.
TerraPower is seeking to hire highly motivated and forward-thinking professionals who are interested in focusing on advanced nuclear reactor research and development and influencing change within the nuclear power landscape and bringing forward the critical production of medical isotopes. TerraPower is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, as a federal contractor, TerraPower has instituted an Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) in an effort to proactively recruit, hire, and promote women, minorities, disabled persons and veterans.
Lead Document Control Specialist
The Document Control Specialist is a full-time exempt position that supports the Document Control Manager. The position requires exceptional attention to detail, an understanding of nuclear quality assurance regulatory principles, a demonstrated commitment to excellence, flexibility as well as poise, confidence, and the ability to interface with co-workers in a professional, approachable, and positive manner.
- Understand and support nuclear regulatory and quality assurance document management practices and TerraPower Records Management Document Control (RMDC) procedures, including the ability to teach, promote and explain such policies to TerraPower employees and contractors working on projects.
- Review, analyze, edit, format, and process documents for review, approval and release through TerraPower’s Electronic Document Management System (EDMS). This includes creation and administration of Change Orders, as well as implementation and tracking of electronic workflows.
- Monitor, promote and ensure document control processes are being followed.
- Support cross-functional departments and potential partners for projects in the document creation, revision, and release process.
- Successful completion of software training to achieve EDMS Change Analyst status. As an EDMS Change Analyst, you will control and maintain the EDMS system, including creation, modification and programming of roles, privileges, security profiles, document types and categories, document metadata, queries, and reports.
- Manage and maintain hardcopy documentation, as necessary.
- Manage files, documents and workload in accordance with established TerraPower systems, processes and procedures, with the ability to coach and train others.
- Assist in the development of new procedures and guidance documents.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
- AA degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of document control and records management experience, within nuclear industry highly preferred.
- Recent experience under NQA-1 and RG 1.28 highly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in all areas of electronic document and metadata management, including identification, creation, use, retrieval, access, and retention; preferably in a regulated engineering or technical environment.
- Strong customer service and training skills and a desire to achieve results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional attention in detail.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience in the use of databases and electronic file management software.
- Skilled in setting priorities.
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills.
- Experience work with Agile, DevonWay, ShareFile, and Confluence a plus.
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions associated with the position. These functions may also constitute essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to any governing safety standards.
- Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
- Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds
- Repetitive work: Prolonged
- Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
- Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting working environment of >8 hrs./day
- Travel required: 0-5%
TerraPower’s technology is controlled for export by various agencies of the U.S. Government. TerraPower must evaluate applicants who are foreign nationals (other than asylees, refugees, or lawful permanent residents) in accordance with U.S. Government export control requirements. To facilitate TerraPower’s export control reviews, you will be asked as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or national, asylee, refugee, or lawful permanent resident of the United States. Government export authorization approval times vary. Based on the business needs for a particular position, TerraPower may not consider a foreign national from a country if it is impracticable to obtain timely Government export approval.
Please visit www.terrapower.com to apply