SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testingand certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark forquality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, we operate anetwork of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
PositionSummary: This position is responsiblefor performing analysis using chromatography methods and instruments andassisting with the management of the Chromatography Lab. Supervisor: Chromatography Lab Manager
- Perform assigned tasks using chromatography methods and instruments:
- Setup and calibrate instruments, prepare and run client samples.
- Analyze the instrument data using qualitative and quantitative methods.
o Report inwriting the results of the tasks for the project managers to include in theproject reports. This includes methoddetails to express what was done, the observations, the results and applicableanalysis.
- Perform maintenance and qualification of specified pieces of equipment with little to no input from lab manager/lead.
- Contribute to laboratory organization including maintaining inventories of supplies, cleaning glassware, and safely disposing of chemicals.
- Assist with sample management if necessary.
- Develop, improve, document, and validate test methods and procedures.
- Further develop own expertise in chromatography techniques.
- Understand and meet the quality requirements required for the equipment, methods, and assigned tasks.
- Train personnel in the proper operation of specified chromatography equipment and procedures.
- Perform technical audits.
- Assist the lab manager with scheduling of equipment and personnel in the chromatography lab.
- Approve data for routine