Tremco’s Commercial Sealants and Waterproofing (CS&W) division is searching for a Technical Application Specialist, with a focus in air barriers in the Beachwood, Ohio area. The Technical Application Specialist will ensure proper application of Air Barrier systems in accordance with company and industry guidelines by providing in-house/on-site application training, troubleshooting expertise, and an in-depth knowledge of all application/connection situations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide primary technical expertise for Air Barrier systems by providing a professional level of written/verbal communication regarding product applications and recommendations to the customers and sales representatives.
- Conduct Air Barrier training events and onsite mockups for contractor/applicator training.
- Use iAuditor to document job site evaluations and communicate observations or concerns with customers and sales representatives.
- Provide primary, product-specific technical assistance for sales presentations and sales symposiums as requested.
- Provide over-the-phone and/or onsite troubleshooting assistance.
- Conduct Air Barrier systems field trials and answer inquiries regarding product usage, competitive product comparisons, web-site navigation, product specifications, repairs, problems, environmental regulations, construction and technical questions.
- Support the sales representatives and the sales process by write professional letters detailing application/installation instructions, job parameters and competitive product comparisons.
- Provide detailed drawings in CAD and/or work closely with CAD Specialist to ensure accuracy of application drawings for customers and sales representatives.
- Perform laboratory testing (Analytical Laboratory / Test Wall Laboratory) to confirm Tremco and competitive product compatibility and benchmark testing of competitive products/materials.
- Address formal product complaints and coordinate evaluation of complaints with sales, quality assurance and analytical departments.
- Assist with the development and review of Air Barrier product literature, application instructions and maintain/update field training manuals.
- Write engineering bulletins on updated product/technical information for sales force.
- Maintain product certification letters required in job submittal packages.
- Assist with the review of job submittals for Tremco product usage.
- Write professional reports regarding job site observation, laboratory testing, and field trials.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Science, Engineering, Construction or similar field
- One to two years related experience and/or training in Technical Service, Construction or similar
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Auto CAD, Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Effective team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% domestically
- Mechanical aptitude
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.