If you are an experienced Health & Safety Specialist II looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Health & Safety Specialist II. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Health & Safety Specialist II
Your specific duties as a Health & Safety Specialist II will include
- This position serves as an Owner representative, who is responsible for basic technical work in a wide range of health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the organizations H and S standards and with federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Works under general supervision and often self-directed.
- Monitors and observes work activity and provides technical and intervention direction to enable the prevention and control of H and S incidents and hazards.
- Recommends improvements in basic processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazard potential.
- Maintains current knowledge of specific requirements imposed by governmental agencies and internal programs, procedures and processes.
- May provide technical guidance to less experienced personnel working on environmental, health or safety programs.
- Tenaciously assist work teams and vendors in resolving concerns and compliance deficiencies.
- Know the respective H and S contractual requirements to ensure full understanding of expectations.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained through the identification and correction of H and S-related hazards and risks.
- Perform daily / routine field observations to identify unsafe conditions and at-risk behaviors, and environmental issues.
- If applicable, interface with site Health & Safety professionals to integrate and discuss H and S issues and resolve related questions.
- Interface with contractor safety representatives, site H and S professionals and project/contract manager(s) to correct deficiencies and resolve issues.
- Attend and participate in project/outage meetings and Safety/Environmental Steering Team (SEST) meetings, Pre-Job Briefings and any other meetings required by the Outage/ Project manager to communicate concerns and trends, as directed.
- Perform incident trend analysis and develop safety/health improvement initiatives.
- Administer and facilitate enforcement of safety initiatives.
- Ensure communication delivery to project/ outage work teams by following up with the outage/ project manager and appropriate personnel.
- Site safety inspections shall also include observations for environmental issues such as container labeling/control, potential refueling spills, hazardous materials, etc.
- Note: if unsure of an environmental issue, contact the site environmental coordinator who will investigate the environmental issue(s).
- Provide routine updates of H and S issues to the site H and S contacts and copy the Outage / Project Manager.
- Participate in incident investigations as necessary.
- Assist with or provide training to contractors as needed for various health and safety topics including site orientation.
- Assist with improving outage/ project safety/ health, and help provide a safe work environment for all employees, both the company and contractor.
- Primarily monitor safety/ health in all phases of project.
- Communicate with all project/ outage employees, both the company and contractor, regarding job safety/ health and where applicable, environmental compliance.
- Notify appropriate project lead personnel to facilitate correction of any deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Report all findings to the respective contracting firm management, site H and S/ EHS contacts, and copy the Outage/ Project manager.
- Have a working knowledge of basic environmental requirements to identify non-compliance issues.
- Report H and S contractor incidents to Outage/ Project Manager, and site H and S/ EHS contacts. Immediately notify the Outage/ Project Manager, and site Hand S/ EHS contacts of incidents of potential asbestos, or lead-containing materials encountered by employees, both the company and contractors.
- Maintain a log of identified H and S/ EHS issues and resolutions.
- Document observed unsafe behavior or conditions (and safe behavior).
Health & Safety Specialist II
As a Health & Safety Specialist II you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Health & Safety Specialist II
Health & Safety Specialist II
As a Health & Safety Specialist II with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Health & Safety Specialist II Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off, including holidays
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Keywords: EHS, Documentation, Industrial or Manufacturing