At GDIT people are our differentiator. As an HPC (High Performance Computing) Computational Scientist / Engineer you will be trusted to support our HPC PET program with locations across the USA.
The Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP) Productivity Enhancement and Training (PET) initiative. PET enhances the capability and productivity of the HPCMP community through training collaboration, tool and software development, technology transfer, and outreach.
We currently have a position in Vicksburg, MS for an HPC Scientist
You will join teams of computational experts representing a critical mass of expertise in key areas of support for the HPCMP.
Key Computational Functional Areas that may be supported include:
- Computational Biology, Chemistry, and Materials Science (CCM),
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Computational Structural Mechanics (CSM)
- Climate/Weather/Ocean Modeling and Simulation (CWO)
- Data and Decision Analytics (DDA).
- Environmental Quality Modeling and Simulation (EQM)
- Forces Modeling and Simulation (FMS)
- Integrated Modeling and Test Environments (IMT)
- Space and Astrophysical Sciences (SAS)
- Signal/Image Processing (SIP)
- Computational Electromagnetics and Acoustics (CEA)
Duties may include the following;
- Software Refactoring to Optimize Performance for Emerging Architectures
- High Performance Data Analytics (HPDA): Technical support for customer projects that span the range of computational disciplines that require data analytical tools and methods.
- ?Emerging Hardware (HW) Exploration: Supporting the evaluation of emerging hardware for potential deployment
Technical Skills should include the following:
- Expertise in the use of various programming languages used in scientific high-performance computing (FORTRAN, C/C++, Perl, Python), scientific visualization software (e.g., EnSite), and mesh generation software (e.g. Pointwise, GRIDGEN) is also preferred.
- Experience with Linux on large scale systems. ?
- Extensive knowledge of HPC and parallel programming techniques (e.g. MPI, OpenMP), in multiple physical science domains.
0+ We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.