Research and Development
Job Posting Title:
- Under limited supervision, works collaboratively in the execution of development from bench to production scale for new products, product improvements and cost savings projects.
- Defines the formulation, nutritional and process parameters needed to develop a product which meets the project objective(s). Understands the impact of these parameters to overall project.
- Applies sound scientific methods in all stages of development. Including planning and executing trials, analyzing data and defining solutions to achieve project goals.
- Identifies opportunities for competitive market advantage
- Provide judgement and experience to assure that an appropriate level of technical knowledge and discipline are being applied and utilized in business decisions
- Partner and communicate effectively with cross-functional groups: Marketing, Sales, QA, Procurement, Finance, Operations and Engineering
- Ensure the transfer of technology to the operations team when commercializing products. Provide technical oversight of internal and external manufacturing start-ups and ongoing technical service
- Contribute significantly and continually to attain results through the generation and application of advanced, specialized knowledge
- Generate and support pipeline work to drive cost optimization through formulation and processing efficiencies
- Participates in customer presentations and/or preparing product, content for customer meetings
- Ensure all activities follow established safety standards, regulatory requirements (FDA, UDSA & Kosher) and Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Three years' experience in Food Science Product Development OR No experience required if holding a PhD in Food Science/Engineering or Related Field
- Understanding of ingredient interactions/functionality
- Communicate effectively and openly while working in a cross-functional team.
- Must be a self-starter, independent, energetic and resourceful
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Solid Project Management skills and experience
- Aptitude for technical leadership and project management
Education: Bachelor's degree required in Food Science or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veterans/Disability
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.