X-Energy is a small entrepreneurial Gen IV nuclear power plant and fuel design company that recently signed an award winning $2,500,000,000.00/7-years agreement with the US Department of Energy to complete the design, licensing, and construction of its compellingly safe and revolutionary design. We are aggressively staffing up with the world’s most ambitious and devoted talent who share our vision of providing carbon-free, safe energy to prevent destructive global warming. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work for a company intent upon dominating the free market by compelling its selection as the premier nuclear energy power plant of choice around the world for the 21st century!
Nuclear Island I&C Supply Chain Lead will provide oversight and implementation of the X-energy Supply Chain Process; primary liaison with Key Suppliers and company stakeholders. This role will manage multiple categories within Nuclear Island and across business. This high energy individual will report through the Corporate Procurement Supply Chain (PSC) organization.
Functional job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- For complex, high risk categories, establish major material and service agreements and support special projects as well as complex sourcing initiatives. Participate in periodic ‘special project’ initiatives. Accountable for category procurements (including tactical); take initiative to resolve supplier performance issues and emergent issues.
- Maintain and own the position of primary contact for the resolution of systemic/recurring supplier/customer issues. Develop close working relationships with supplier (executive and working level) and end customers. Monitor supplier performance to ensure that contract terms and conditions are being met or exceeded; and performance meets customer expectations. Manage and/or support supplier alliance process and own/manage all supplier relationships. Lead and/or support all supplier relationship development programs and supplier alliance periodic meetings.
- Manage categories and provide oversight and governance of associated procurements. Prepare category plans, perform category spend and risk analysis; plan and implement negotiation strategies; design and implement category and supplier risk mitigation strategies; plan and implement contract management for contracts within category.
- Provide direction to contract administrators, procurement and sourcing specialists and other supply personnel, as appropriate, within and across spend categories.
- Identify and implement sourcing and category management best practices.
- Lead personnel (both within and external to Supply) to achieve objectives across related categories and/or across multiple sourcing initiatives. Prioritize competing needs and assign tasks to support strategic sourcing initiatives and other Supply projects, as appropriate.
- Identify and manage category risks; and align category profiles with business needs, company direction, and X-energy's goals.
- Support the X-energy’s Emergency Response activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (preferred), science, or business, with a minimum of 10 years nuclear experience. Engineering degree with MBA highly desirable.
- Demonstrated supply chain management, contract management, project management, and change management skills. CPSM, CPCM, PMP desirable.
- Strategic supplier relationship building. Demonstrated knowledge of category and supply management concepts with an emphasis on Nuclear Island SSC’s: RPV, SG, Fuel, FHS, CRD, RCCS, HeCS.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, suppliers, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Cross functional/organizational team management and facilitation skills (internal and external). The applicant must work well in a team environment and work on a self-initiated basis.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Demonstrated data analysis capability.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills. Ability to hold Suppliers accountable for performance.
- Conflict management experience.
- Availability for travel across X-energy sites, Supplier locations as business needs dictate.
We are looking to fill this position immediately.
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal opportunity Employer and making decisions without regards to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, Marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you need special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC Participates in eVerify.