Summary: Performs surgical preparation, and provides care for laboratory animals during surgical preparation and surgical recovery in support of interventional and surgical studies in accordance with SOPs and study protocols while adhering to GLP and non-GLP study guidelines as required.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains knowledge of applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in order to successfully perform job duties, and GLP regulations as they apply to the preclinical research environment and individual protocols.
2. Monitors animals during the initial post-operative critical recovery phase during the first day immediately following surgery, including performing TPRs (temp, pulse, respiration), auscultation of the heart and lungs, assessing pain of animals at incision sites, changing wound dressings and administering medications.
3. Prepares animals for surgery including anesthetic calculations, performing sedation and induction, intubation, IV catheter placement, monitoring anesthesia, specimen collections and surgical site preparation.
4. Performs and documents a variety of activities, including but not limited to monitoring and charting of physiological data during surgical prep and recovery, documentation of medication administration, etc.
5. Dispenses medications as prescribed by veterinarian and/or protocol specifications.
6. Collects necessary lab work such as blood, fecal and urine collection and processing, etc.
7. Communicates with veterinary staff, supervisor and study directors regarding medical status of animals and recovery process.
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.