Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Basic Mathematical skills.
- Working knowledge of computer software.
- Diligent work ethic and the ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details.
- May occasionally move some barrels, so must have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- High energy level, confidence and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, and weekends.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation PosterOverview
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
We are seeking a Laboratory Technician who will be responsible for operating and maintaining various testing equipment. Our lab tests used oils, coolants, and fuels for trucking fleets and industrial companies to tell them the condition of the fluid and the machine it came out of. We provide our customers with reports on their requested testing for each sample with an average two-day turn-around time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
ENTRY LEVEL - LAB TECH I
WORK SCHEDULE 12:00 P.M. TO 8:30 P.M
- Responsible for operation of oil analysis test equipment.
- Basic maintenance of equipment including calibration and standardization.
- Meet sample production requirements as determined by the laboratory manager.
- Handles used oils, diesel fuels, solvents, and acids.
- Follow SOP’s.
- Exercise laboratory safety practices.
- Strong commitment to quality and integrity.
- Ensure the accuracy, precision, and integrity of the results generated by the laboratory through participation in proficiency testing programs, audits of test procedures, quality meetings and follow-up on questionable and out-of-control data.
- Conduct all testing procedures in compliance with the divisional QA/QC policies and procedures as documented in the division’s Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) and associated Standard Quality Procedures (SQP)
- Conduct all testing procedures in conformance with the ISO/IEC 17025 Testing Laboratory Standard, as applicable.
- Conduct all safety and hazardous waste management activities in accordance with the ALS Tribology divisional Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E) compliance policies and procedures, to include, but not limited to, the division’s Chemical Hygiene Plan (CHP), Hazardous Waste Management (HWM) Standard Safety Procedure (SSP), Contingency Plan.