Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, Ohio, currently has an opportunity for a Data Scientist Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Use analytic data techniques and statistical methods related to business analysis, data mining, design of experiments, and modeling, etc. to understand the business and recommend actions for improvements.
- Collaborate with Analytics, Marketing, Sales, Marketing Research, Finance, and Contract Operations to identify and evaluate opportunities to utilize data analytics to maximize marketing and sales success.
- Create and maintain forecasting models for Abbott and competitive brands for monthly and quarterly reporting to the cross-functional team and senior management.
- Analyze monthly and quarterly sales, explain variance to market, sales and share forecasts, and present performance update to leadership
- Develop and gain alignment on best visualization content that is in line with industry best practices and ease of user adoption to convey the story inside the data
- Build dashboards and reports for business stakeholders and to support analytic tools
- Complete ad-hoc requests to support tactical and strategic business needs
- Communicate analysis and findings clearly to senior leaders and non-technical audiences
- Manage monthly Institutional data stream and third-party relationships with vendors
- Periodically work evenings and weekends to complete time-sensitive assignments
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- 4 to 10 years’ experience in data mining, forecasting, or other analytics
- Experience with data visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Experience with statistical tools such as SAS and R
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate technical analysis and findings clearly to senior leaders and non-technical audiences
- Exceptional organization and time management skills including multi-tasking and the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- BS in Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related field
- MS degree in Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related field
- Experience using SAS Enterprise Guide, and SAS Forecast Studio
- Experience in time series and regression forecasting
- Experience in Institutional Healthcare analytics
- Experience with retail analytics, Nielsen, and IRI
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.