We are seeking a Medical Laboratory Assistant for our National Reference Medical Laboratory. This is an excellent entry level opportunity for recent medical training school or college graduates. Warehouse, package handlers, and light industrial experience a plus!
This is a contract to possible hire position!
Medical Lab Assistant hours: 3am-11:30am or other 3rd shifts Overtime may be required.
Medical lab Assistant pay rate: $12.00 + an hour (some shifts may have a pay differential)
As a Medical Laboratory Assistant you will be responsible for packing and unpacking specimen. You will use tubes or slides to prepare the specimen. Other responsibilities of the Medical Lab Assistant role include:
- Preparing all specimens received for testing in designated area
- Preparing excess specimen samples for storage
- Follow department protocols
- Filling laboratory tests and preparing orders for pick up
- Maintaining proper sterilization of equipment and sanitization of exam areas
- Keeping maintenance logs for equipment according to protocol