Key Aspects of Laboratory Technician: Apex Life Sciences currently has an opening for a Laboratory Technician role with a large medical device company! This position is responsible for handling sample testing and routine analysis.
If interested in this role, please email Katharine Mooney, Recruiter at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and reference job ID 870664
Company Details: Large, global medical device and testing organization that works with toxicology, medical devices and routine testing. Headquartered in the US, it has global operations in multiple international companies.
Culture/Team: Safety is a primary cultural focus of this company. They believe in creating safe workplace habits to foster productivity, collaboration and growth.
Compensation and Benefits: 30K base salary
As a contract employee of Apex, you’d be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.
- The main function of a lab technician is to perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- A typical lab technician may work under the supervision of a medical technologist
- Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Analyze, gather and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives.
- Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
- May examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Basic knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
- Basic ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
- Must have flexibility to work weekends and third shift
- Bachelor Degree in Scientific field
- Candidates who are looking for career growth and longevity
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.